Wednesday, November 3, 2010

Water Assignment

In my bio-comm object lighting class we had to shoot an assignment with water.  I tried several different setups and objects, but ending up going with an apple, a colorful plate, and a kitchen faucet.  Thanks to Drew for being patient with me for 2 hours, while I was trying to get the perfect shot.  Here is my favorite from the session.


I also used some filters in photoshop and came up with this alternate image.



Here is a different crop of the above image.  Which do you like best?




Canon 40D
17-40mm lens
f/4 @ 1/250 sec

6 comments:

  1. I like the first shot Jana, nice work! I almost wish you were focused in closer though, it would of made the image even that much more dynamic! But I love the concept and I don't think I would of worked for 2 hours lol, you know my patience limit! ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. i like the cropped version. my eye is instantly drawn to the water drop, and then to the rest of the water on the apple. makes me want to sink my teeth into it. who knew pictures of apples and water could be so effective? :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Super cool shot Jana!! I like the cropped one the best.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I like the last one the best. It helps draw your eye straight to the water drop, when you crop out the apple and the plate. Nice Work

    ReplyDelete
  5. I like the last one the best! Very simple!

    ReplyDelete